Client Services Associate
Chordata Capital is an anticapitalist wealth management firm supporting clients in moving investments off of Wall Street into community-controlled funds centering racial justice. Founded in 2018, by Tiffany Brown and Kate Poole, Chordata has grown to over 30 clients and over $80M in assets under management.
The Client Services Associate will anchor administrative functions including: building systems for growing business operations; tracking and completing investment paperwork; and providing administrative support for client recruitment and retention activities. As the third member of a small team during a period of rapid growth, the ideal candidate will be detail oriented and flexible – eager to grow into different versions of the role as the business grows. Strong values alignment and excitement about exploring uncharted territory are also essential.
The job is currently a full time role, primarily remote, with a preference for people living in the Bay Area, Philadelphia or New York Metro areas, beginning April 2022. Chordata Capital works a four-day week; full time is 32 hours a week, generally Monday – Thursday with occasional schedule adjustments according to the needs of the business. During the Covid-19 pandemic, any in-person meetings and events will be by mutual agreement, with all precautions in place. The salary range for this role is $50,000 – 65,000 annually depending on experience. As a small organization, Chordata does not yet have a full benefits package available for staff, but the role is eligible for health insurance and generous paid time off.
Roles and Responsibilities
Initially, the Client Services Associate will:
- Complete all investment placement paperwork with a high degree of precision
- Track investment placement and performance to support reporting and client communication
- Document client communication
- Streamline internal business and administrative systems to better enable Chordata to move money from the stock market to solidarity economy investments
- Support the partners with logistical tasks related to outreach and client recruitment, including scheduling, communications management, webinar logistics and similar
- Manage other projects and administrative tasks needed to support a growing business
Depending on performance and interest, additional duties and opportunities may include:
- Due diligence for possible investments
- Tracking existing investments
- Supporting content creation for newsletters and social media
- Learning about and engaging in donor organizing
- Attending sustainable and socially responsible investing events and activities
A high degree of competence, general tech savvy, readiness to learn and excitement about anticapitalist investing are more important than any particular background or skill set. In addition, strong candidates will likely have some or all of the following attributes:
- Fierce commitment to economic justice, solidarity economy and/or just transition
- Demonstrates highly organized, thorough and diligent project management
- Completes tasks with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word/Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and Google Docs and the ability to learn new software quickly
- Team oriented with high levels of emotional intelligence
- A little weird and wild; excited about the new and emergent
Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than February 20, 2022.